Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Fav Bluebery Muffins

Tonight was a night that I just wanted to make something that was near and dear to my heart. Perhaps I wanted a full proof recipe.
The past few days I have had a few good new recipes and a few flops!

My gluten free blueberry muffins was one of my very first recipes that I came up with for my cookbook, and so here it is for all of you to try. Enjoy

Blueberry Banana Muffins

Free of dairy, yeast, eggs, corn, white sugar, soy, nuts and gluten


3/4 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup potato starch
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup- more if you have a sweet tooth (you can use honey or agave)
1/2 cup safflower oil ( sometimes I use coconut oil )
water
4 bananas
1 cup blueberries

In a food processor whip bananas, oil, cinnamon and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients and blend well. If the batter is thick you may need to add some water. I find that if my bananas are very ripe I don't need to add water. If they are yellow and not that ripe I need to add some extra liquid.
By whipping the bananas in the food processor it gives them air and makes your muffins fluffy.
Add in blueberries.
Spoon into muffin tins
Bake 350F for 20-20 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment